Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Our Yard











Summer is right around the corner for Carly and I; my last day with students is Friday.








Our yard is starting to show the effects of the sun and heat and we have gorgous flowers blooming! I can't wait to go to the plant sale this Saturday and get my annuals!



On another note, Shawna and the boys came over tonight to make homemade chicken fingers. They were delicious! All you need is chicken cut into strips, flour with salt, 4 egg whites, and bread crumbs mixed with seasonings to taste. Dip the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off the extra. Then dip the chicken in the egg whites. Finally, the chicken goes into the bread crumb mixture. Bake the chicken at 425 for 8 minutes a side. Kids will love them!








2 comments:

  1. The kids had so much fun at Carly's party today! I see she already has one of the dresses on!

    Do the chicken fingers come out crispy? I always have a problem with the bottom of breaded chicken being a little soggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We found that if we sprayed the cookie sheet first, the strips didn't stick. I think the trick to making them crisp is to flip them. We did a couple of batches and that seemed to work. Also, don't use water; the egg whites were better!

    ReplyDelete